Marriage Registration Fees
Court Marriage In Ludhiana.Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate.
Marriage Registration Fees In Ludhiana
Both the bride and the groom must fulfill the following conditions.
- They should not have a living husband/wife at the time of marriage.
- They should not be incapable of giving consent due to unsound mind.
- Even if they can give consent, they should not have a mental disorder which makes them unfit for marriage or having children.
- They must not suffer from insanity or epilepsy.
- The bride should be at least 18 years old and the groom at least 21.
- Both parties must not be within prohibited relationship with each other.
PROCEDURE OF MARRIAGE WHEN BOTH PARTIES ARE HINDUS
- The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
- The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.
- After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.
- The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.
- Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.
What are the documents required for ‘Registration of Marriage’?
- Signed Application form for registration by both the parties
- Passport sized photos of both & 1 marriage photograph
- Proof of Date of Birth by the married parties
- Proof of Residence as per the specified list of acceptable documents
- Proof of Marriage – Certificate from priest who solemnized the marriage
- Proof of conversion, if any of the two parties is a convert (certificate from priest)
- Affidavit by both the parties declaring the truthfulness about their aforementioned particulars
- Affirmation that both parties are not related to each other within the specified prohibited relationships
- Copy of divorce decree/ death certificate of deceased former spouse, as applicable
Marriage Registration In Ludhiana.