Marriage Certificate Office Haridwar
Marriage Certificate Office Haridwar Court marriage procedure is common across India. It is made possible — and subsequently governed by — the Special Marriage Act, 1954, which provides for marriage by civil ceremony between parties belonging to different religions. Even parties of the same religion may, however, choose a court marriage over rituals and ceremonies.
The marriage performed under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 is a civil contract and accordingly, there need be no rites or ceremonial requirements. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is solemnized and registered irrespective of the religion, under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Marriage Certificate Office Haridwar
Whether your marriage was a big fat Indian wedding or a simple court marriage, your marriage will be lawful only when it gets registered. Marriage registration is an important legal procedure in India. If you want to prove that you have got married to someone then more than the wedding photographs or invitation card, marriage certificate serves as an official proof for your marriage. In India, marriage registration has become mandatory by law. You can register your marriage before performing the marriage rituals or after the ceremony takes place. However the legal process not only is a proof for your marriage but the marriage certificate is useful for many other official purposes like applying for passport, transfer of property, for changing the name of the partner etc.
Marriage Certificate Office Haridwar Marriage registration process:
- A couple can register their marriage in any local marriage registrar office or sub-registrar office.
- The couple will get an application form in the registration office which has to be filled by them
- Along with the form, the bride and groom has to submit the essential documents like age proof, address proof and photographs.
- After the application form is submitted, notice period of 1 month is given to the couple. The applicants are allowed to get married within two months of the notice period.
- At the time of registration, along with the couple, two witnesses signature is also required.
- On the day of marriage, the bride and the groom should reach the venue with required documents and witnesses.
- In case of solemnized marriage, the couple also needs to submit the wedding invitation card, wedding photos and the signature of the priest.
- Once the marriage gets registered, the couple will be handed over with the marriage certificate.
Leave a Reply