Court Marriage In Aligarh 18001200644


Court Marriage Under SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT, 1954

Court Marriage In Aligarh as you call it is solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 all such marriages can take place between any two Indian citizens as well one Indian citizen with a foreigner irrespective of their religion, caste or creed, and you can say this is the secular form of marriage available in our country. Such a marriage is solemnized before the Marriage Officer . Any of the parties to such a marriage reside permanently or for at least 30 days.

Now how you proceed? You have to engage a lawyer who would move a joint application for marriage before the marriage officer along with individual affidavit attested by notary public specifying the age. The court will put up a notice of 30 days to invite objection ( if any one has objection to both of you getting married) and if no objection is received or if any objection received its must be investigated and resolved within an additional 30 days. For Solemnization of marriage, presence of both parties with 3 witness is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage. We have made such an application/notice to the marriage officer in person along with all the 3 witnesses. On receiving such an application/notice the marriage officer issues a month notice regarding the intended marriage & get such a notice affixed on the notice board out side his office, a copy of such notice is sent to the marriage officer under whose jurisdiction the other party lives, also a copy is to the individual parties address. After expiry of the period of notice a date is fixed on which all the persons parties to the marriage & 3 witnesses appear again before the marriage officer who declare them married & issue a certificate to this regard. In case of any objections raised the marriage officer will settle these objections. Now what can be objections that can be raised? These can ONLY BE REGARDING THE CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR SUCH MARIAGE & NOTHING ELSE. What are the conditions? As I stated above i.e. Age, martial status, mental status, prohibited relationship (related to each other by blood). Both of you can get have court marriage on the appointed date .You will have to take 3 witnesses with you on that day also. its call Court Marriage. This is the brief & general procedures I have told you here. It’s always better to engage a lawyer to get such marriage solemnized to avoid any legal impediments which he will be able to handle.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.