Marriage Registration In Aligarh 18001200644



Marriage Registration In Aligarh A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.Further, marriage can be solemnised between any two persons under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

As for registration of such marriage under Section 8 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 is concerned in case such marriage is not got registered such non registration will not invalidate such marriage, this the law upto today, but according to latest direction of the Supreme Court of India few months back, it has been directed to all the States in India to make registration of any marriage preformed in any State of India compulsory to the extent that incase such marriage is not registered it will not be considered legal or valid after coming of such amendment in the various matrimonial laws enacted by all the religions including this Hindu Marriage Act,1955. So if you got married under this Arya Samaj Mandir then get this marriage registered under section 8 of the Act by the Marriage officer/Registrar of the district/state, where this marriage took place.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.